Thursday, January 14, 2010

Posted by lizisfoodie | File under :

Kale is probably the most underrated veggie out there. People, come aboard the kale lovin' express. Reasons? It's extremely high in calcium, vitamin c, vitamin k, and lots of other stuff I can't pronounce or spell. It's also hella cheap. You can get a bunch for $1.79. This week, I'm stocking up and trying out a few recipes with the Liz twist.

If you haven't already noticed by now. I am extremely lazy. I'll only make things that take minimal effort. So naturally I gravitated to this Kale Chip recipe when my sister emailed it to me. Also, check out my Lemon Aioli Sauce below. It's perfect for dipping.


Kale Chips

Ingredients:
2 bunches of Kale!
Parmesan Cheese
Salt
Pepper

Preparation:
- Preheat oven for 350
- Tear up some leaves and place on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet
- Then, sprinkle the cheese and any other of you favorite seasonings.
- Cook for around 15 minutes or until kale is crispy brown

Lemon Aioli Sauce:
Ingredients (Serving: One-Two)
1/4 cup of Mayo
Lemon Juice (Keep squeezing until you decide you want to stop).
1 tbs Capers
Pinch of Pepper
Pinch of Salt
Lemon Zest

Preparation:
Grab a medium-sized bowl and slowly mix in ingredients. Keep tasting until you're diggin' it. I am a lemon freak, so try with a few squeezes and mix.

1 comment:

  1. hmm, I will have to try this out. Maybe a game night addition. I love chips and having them in the house after guests come over is a constant battle. They taunt me until they go stale or I eat them intead of dinner one night.

    ReplyDelete