Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Posted by lizisfoodie | File under :
After the Deli Guy looked at me in disgust after ordering a half-pound of the questionable egg salad, he asked me if I really wanted something so unappealing. After I told him my difficulty in finding a good veggie sandwich, he wrote me this recipe on some receipt paper. It's a winner!

Ingredients:
Basil
3 slices Tomatoes
Roasted red peppers
3 slices of buffalo mozzarella
1 tbs of capers
1 loaf of sub bread
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Some salt and Peppers

Preparation:
This is an easy one! Heat pan up at medium heat. Once hot, add some olive oil. Add roasted red pepper, tomatoes, and capers. Cook until properly sauteed.

Meanwhile, slice bread open and add cheese and basil. Add ingredients from pan. Sprinkle salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and oil on cheese for flavor. If desired, heat sandwich on Panini Press or george foreman grill.

1 comment:

  1. I WANT TO EAT THIS MAKE ME THIS SO I CAN EAT IT I HAVE NEVER HAD CAPERS.

    ReplyDelete